1. This statement is made pursuant to Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the “Act”) and sets out the steps that NoteMachine has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
2. Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. NoteMachine has a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
3. NoteMachine operates an estate of ATM machines throughout the UK and Germany, providing a range of fully managed, self-filled and through-the-wall machines to the retail sector and financial institutions.
Our High-Risk Areas
4. We are committed to monitoring our supply chain to identify high risk areas and mitigate the risk of modern slavery and human trafficking in these areas.
5. We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
5.1. Recruitment and Selection Policy: We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK screening for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
5.2. Whistleblowing Policy: We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
5.3. Code of Business Conduct: This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.
6. We review our policies at regular intervals to ensure that we remain compliant and pro-active in our approach to modern slavery.
7. Our Supplier Code of Conduct states that we will conduct our business, and expect our suppliers to conduct theirs, ethically and legally. We will reject suppliers who have criminal convictions arising from offences related to modern slavery. NoteMachine promise to;
7.1. Pay our employees at least the national minimum wage / national living wage (as appropriate) in the UK and the prevailing minimum wage applicable within other countries of operation;
7.2. Ensure that no part of our business operation or supply chain is in contravention of the Modern Slavery Act 2015;
7.3. Take steps to eradicate modern slavery within our business and supply chain
7.4. Hold our own suppliers to account over modern slavery;
7.5. Terminate supplier contracts should any instances of modern slavery at our suppliers come to light.
8. In agreeing to do business with NoteMachine our suppliers agree to implement these and other provisions in their own business.